The enterprise EROS KEROS (S.PAPAGEORGIOU & Co DEVELOPMENTS LP) based in the South Aegean Region, was selected to join the Action “Supporting the Establishment and Operation of New SMEs in the Tourism Sector”.
The Action aims at supporting tourism entrepreneurship by establishing new very small, small and medium – sized enterprises in the tourism sector and has a total budget of €689 million (€500,6 million from EPAnEK and €188,4 million from Regional Operational Programs).
For EROS KEROS the subsidized portion of the investment is €400,000 out of which €200,000 is public expenditure.
The Action is co-financed by Greece and the European Union – European Regional Development Fund.
The approved subsidized Business Plan includes expenditures on the following categories:
- Buildings, other facilities and surrounding area
- Machinery, installations and environmental protection equipment along with energy and water saving equipment.
- Certification of quality assurance systems and environmental management
- Technical engineering studies and tax and legal advisory services
- Preparation and monitoring the implementation of the Investment Plan
Through the participation in the Action, the enterprise achieved:
- Competitiveness improvement
- Increase of profitability
- Market expenditure by adopting new products and services
- Creating better quality products and services
- Reinforcing entrepreneurship
- Creating / maintaining job positions
The support of EPAnEK proved to be beneficial for the enterprise as well as for the competitiveness of the national and the local economy.